Children’s Story Competition
Stories by children for children
Free to enter
Open for 7-13-year olds
Closing date 31st August 2020
Min 400 words to 2500 words max
Email Submissions to
Rules of entry
1. Free to enter,
2. Open to children aged 7yrs to 13yrs on 31st August 2020
3. Competition is open worldwide but overseas entries must be written in English
4. Entrants may enter a fictional story of a minimum of 400 words and a maximum of 2500 words and must be previously unpublished including self-published and e book/digital format.
5. Entries must be in PDF/word doc format & submitted by an adult to this must include the child’s name, age, school and the relevant adults contact details.
6. Entry closes at midnight on the 31st august 2020. Any submissions received after this time will not be considered.
7. Only 1 entry per person
8. Entrants may include their own cover picture if they so wish, however this will not be judged and may not be included in the final print of the book.
9. Entries cannot be returned, and unsuccessful entrants will not be notified.
10. Entries may not contain anything abusive or unsuitable for a child audience.
11. By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees to Veneficia publishing Ltd terms and conditions including that Veneficia publishing Ltd may at their sole discretion publish material for print.
12. When the material is printed only the child’s name, age and story title will be printed.
13. The first prize winner will see their story in their own book and receive a special edition for them and 1 copy for their school. The 9 runners up will have their stories printed in an anthology and will receive a paperback copy and one for their school.
14. All winners will be notified of the judge’s decision on September 30th, 2020 and a list of winning entrants will be announced on Veneficia publishing ltd. website on 1st October 2020.